The importance of wearing the correct PPE cannot be overstated.
Wearing the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) not only helps to safeguard employee’s physical wellbeing, but also ensures that we, as employers, comply with legal requirements and align with industry best practices.
Remember: safety should always be our top priority. By committing to wearing the required PPE, we demonstrate our dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure working environment.
Key Aspects of PPE
All staff should adhere to the following key aspects of PPE:
- Goggles, safety glasses and face shields should be worn to protect our eyes from flying debris or chemical exposure.
Hand and Foot Protection
- Gloves and steel-toe-capped footwear must be worn to prevent the risk of injuries on site.
- Masks or respirators should be worn when working with materials that generate dust, smoke or toxic fumes.
- Hard hats are essential when there is a risk of falling objects or low-hanging branches.
High Visibility Clothing
- High visibility clothing ensures that workers are easily seen, which plays a significant role in averting potential collisions or accidents caused by poor visibility.
It is important to note that accidents can happen in an instance, and can have severe consequences. By wearing the correct PPE, we can reduce the likelihood of injuries and foster a safer working culture.